Re: Europa-List: Rotax starting - 912S

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax starting - 912S
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:46:43

4806 kg.cm2 for a 62" wide chord HP Warp Drive (including bolts and
faceplate, but not spinner, all of which would be negligible at such a small
radius of gyration).
The benefit of the small diameter props that Europas run should favour being
well within the Rotax gearbox inertial load limits (which I don't think were
changed for the 912S or 914, even though the higher gearing ratios of these
would suggest that they might).
So it should be other users of 912s that are suffering more than us.

Duncan Mcf.

PS Will Bob Harrison please stop sniggering at all this!