Re: Europa-List: Orifice ?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Orifice ?
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:16:29

> I have seen some references to the "orifice" in the return fuel
> line. I have what looks to be one of these in the bottom of one of
> the many carrdboard boxes in the garage.  Since it is in the box
> its not in the airplane's fuel system.  Does the 914 need this...?

> Steve Hagar

I believe it's optional for the 914, for more realistic emergency
practice in handling an engine out. :-)

If I did the math right, not always the case, but the pressure head
on a full tank is a significant portion of the max allowable back
pressure Rotax allows in the return line.  Hence, definitely no
restrictor.

Reg,
Fred F.