Re: Europa-List: Matronics emails

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Matronics emails
From: Cory Emberson <bootless@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:32:42

I'm getting them, too. Just got one with the Norton Antivirus Deleted1.txt
virus. I get a LOT of those - the email addresses are spoofed by the perp.

I actually got one from "noreply" @ [my URL name] (I'm not going to put it
out there again!), stating that there has been excessive virus activity
coming from my email account. It was signed from the [URL name].com team.  I
*am* the team. :-)  There is so much of it out there, and the Bagle virus
variants don't even require opening the attachment - the virus will
propagate if the email is viewed. Thank goodness for Live Update NAV.

> Every day I am receiving an email from something@matronics.com - the
address varies but is always @matronics.com - and my virus software is
detecting a virus in the attachment. It is getting a little tiresome at this
point. Is anyone else on the list having the same problem? The subject line
keeps changing - sucker lines like re:HI , about your application, your
software, etc. Somebody is relentlessly sending me these mailings and I
really don't know how to stop it.