Europa-List: 914 Static run up

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Static run up
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:03:05

Hi all,

I did a static run up of my 914 today.  I had it tied off to the tow hitch on my
car with the tail weighted down with an 80 pound bag of salt.  Apart from white
knuckles and a bit of vibration it was a non event.

My 914 is not developing full power.  With the prop set manually to fine pitch
the engine would only develop 5100 rpm and 34 inches of manifold pressure.  I
would have expected 5500~5800 RPM.  I have checked the throttle and it is moving
to full open.  The tach is an EIS engine monitor and I have no reason to suspect
it is incorrect

I need a few data points.  Could some one tell me what is the maximum RPM I
could
expect with an Airmaster set manually to fine pitch.

Secondly, I cannot get the engine into boost.  My first thought is that the
waste
gate might not be set correctly.  I removed the cable from the servo and it
might not be in the correct position.  Can anyone tell me how to set it
correctly.
Conversely, .... 34" is 100% power, could the TCU be limiting it? if so
what parameters can do this.  I only one I know is the air box temperature.

Thanks,  Paul