Re: Europa-List: Rough running 912S again

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rough running 912S again
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:35:06

This is the problem I had. You have tightened up the solderless nipple on a
carb lever arm (where the throttle cable joins it) too tightly and the carbs
are going out of balance.

Try wiggling the throttle a little while it is misfiring and it should go
away. To fix it back off the nut on the solderless nipple two FLATS and try
again. The solderless nipple and the throttle cable should be free to rotate
in the carb lever arm, and it is getting stuck because the nut is too tight.
Read the words in the latest Europa News on page 4. Do not loosen off the
nut several TRURNS as the throttle cable will come out and you will have
more than just plucking ! (one side will go to full throttle).

Another Richard (of Widford !)