RE: Europa-List: Dot 5.1 Retraction

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Dot 5.1 Retraction
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:19:28

I mistakenly used DOT 5.1 in my standard toe brakes and returned after a
few weeks away to find my brakes locked solid.  I had to crack the bleed
screw to release them so I guess one or the other of the seals in the
system had swelled. Now replaced with finger brakes + DOT 5 silicone.

Richard Iddon.