RE: Europa-List: Empty weight/XS,Turbo,Tri-gear,IFR equipped ?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Empty weight/XS,Turbo,Tri-gear,IFR equipped ?
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:12:01

Um, Fred, you missed the obvious.  The ideal weight for a slightly above
average (by North American standards) height, medium build, man is 160 lb
and the comparable woman is 134 lb, so unless we have two taller than
average people, there's about 46 extra pounds sitting in the seats.  There
isn't enough room in the panel for 46 lb of avionics!!  Alternatively, that
extra weight's the equivalent of almost 8 gallons of fuel.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070
Airframe complete