Europa-List: Vented or Unvented Brake Reservoirs

Subject: Europa-List: Vented or Unvented Brake Reservoirs
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:58:18

Gidday,
I am about to order a master cylinder reservoir, and am tossing up between
the Matco, clear sided container and the "all one piece" aluminium chamber
varieties. I notice some mention non-venting filler caps. I would have
thought the logic is for the reservoir to be vented to atmosphere. One
variety out there mentions its ability to cope with inverted flight, so
obviously it has a vent capacity when upright. So, to allow it to supply
fluid to the master cylinder, and yet have a non-venting top, well how does
the system work???
Any advice on this thread greatfully accepted.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger (possibly convertible)
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig, Tail Torque Tube installed
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Undecided