Europa-List: Finger Brakes Mechanical Advantage

Subject: Europa-List: Finger Brakes Mechanical Advantage
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:44:45

Gidday tri gear owners,
I am keen to find out the ideal length of the levers. I was once told I
think 6" from pivot to hole for handle, but I'd like that verified. Also,
I'd like to know as well the height most recommended for knuckle clearance
etc from the top of the tunnel, that will predetermine the depth of which I
mount the master cylinders. I have a module not yet in my  a/c, and even
when I rest it in place my cross bracing does not allow me the opportunity
to sit in and determine the ideal position, so location is also an issue,
so I might just have to take an educated guess on that one, unless a
suggestion or two comes my way. So, if anyone has any dimensions handy, I'd
love them.

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger (possibly convertible)
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig, Tail Torque Tube installed
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Undecided