Re: Europa-List: eyeball vents

Subject: Re: Europa-List: eyeball vents
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:09:38

on 3/14/04 1:09 PM, KARL HEINDL at kheindl@msn.com wrote:

> Troy,
>

> I was kidding about the ten dollars, but 50+ is better than 172. I have no
> firm ideas about the cabin heat, but made notes about what other builders have
> done. I want to keep it very simple and utilize fresh impact air from as close
> as possible from the eyeball vent and I will worry about the P1 side only for
> the time being.

Karel,
I got this idea from Flight Crafters and a few other builders. I made a
3"X3" plenum and mounted it in an opening right behind the oil & water
coolers. I made a flap thats controlled by a cable mounted to a small
homemade quadrant to open and close. When it's opened the flap opens into
the hot air from the radiators. A 2" tube runs about 6" from the plenum to a
ball I made with 3 outlets of 1" each. 2 of these run to the foot-wells and
one runs straight up through the firewall to serve as defrost if needed. We
have a large aircraft salvage yard here in Smyrna TN so I was able to cop 4
of the eyeball vents from there. Evan out of an old 727 they work like new.
Sorry guys I was only able to get 4 for free. Of course I don't know if it
will work yet.

Regards,
Jeff
A258 Running out of things to do on the airframe.