Europa-List: 80 HP 912 Cold Starts

Subject: Europa-List: 80 HP 912 Cold Starts
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 07:44:08

Hi All,
This winter, I have been having difficulty starting when cold, because of what
would appear to be early detonation.  The engine fires and stops the rotation
dead.  This can happen several times before it starts.  I can't remember having
this problem last winter or the one before that.  Has any one else experienced
this, because I am sure it can't be doing the engine, or mount, much good.
Otherwise, when running it seems to be functioning well.  Warm starts are
without
choke are OK.  Can the timing slip on a 912?
Any advice welcome.
Regards,
William