Europa-List: Cooling hoses too close!

Subject: Europa-List: Cooling hoses too close!
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:36:24

I am installing the cooling hoses to the radiator. Both seem to be very
close to the silencer/muffler at the point of entry to the radiator. Looks
like about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch from it. Should these be protected from the
heat with shielding or fire sleeve? What have others done? I also have a new
Navaid auto pilot, complete that I want to sell if anyone is looking.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
A258 Tri Gear
Air frame almost ready for primer. Still contemplating instruments. Settled
on the AIM-1 from IK technologies for engine monitoring. Leaning towards
Becker for transponder & radio. Also like Dynon with backup air speed and
ALT.