Europa-List: Trike Nose Wheel Tubes 11x4.00-5.

Subject: Europa-List: Trike Nose Wheel Tubes 11x4.00-5.
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:15:31

Hi! Guys.
About 6 months ago I put messages out about regular failures of the Cheng Shin
Tubes. The cause I felt was due to the tube being slightly too large for the
tyre,
making a fold in it'self on assembly and therefore fretting and wearing through
to eventually puncture.
I made a commitment .... to myself that in future I would put the tube on a 200
hour replacement plan since there seems to be no alternative available.
However here we are again with a tube only puncture this time right on one of
its
construction lines but on examination the tube also has the similar fretting
marks indicating folds.
My suppliers whilst sympathetic to the problem say that the manufacturers will
say that their tube isn't intended for aircraft?
Needless to say my 200 hour rule wouldn't have saved the day !
Has anyone any ideas?
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300

PS.  BTW I'm stopping taking passengers called Jason since the failure on 21st
September was just starting rolling on departure with Jason Harrison and the one
on 28th February was just lining up to park after a short flight with Jason
Harley.!