Europa-List: Request: Information for Kitplanes Article (Instrument Pane

Subject: Europa-List: Request: Information for Kitplanes Article (Instrument Panels)
From: Cory Emberson <bootless@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:51:19

Hello!

I am writing an article for Kitplanes magazines that will feature builders who
have put interesting panels in their planes.  John Hurst suggested I post my
request
on the list, which was easy, because I already subscribe to four other
Matronics lists.

My deadline is rather short, so if you could email me as soon as possible,
hopefully
by Monday, that will give me enough time to put it together.

Here are some of the criteria I'm looking for:

Instrument Panels that are (one or any combination):
1. creative
2. inexpensive
3. nontraditional configuration
4. nontraditional equipment
5. easier to use
6. enhanced safety (maybe the configuration made a significant difference in
troubleshooting/recognizing
a problem, or in putting the plane down safely because
of its ease of use)
7. generally cool and different
8. anything else distinctive about it.

Other things to keep in mind:

1. How you came to design your panel (How you got your idea)
2. The reasons why you did it as you did
3. What benefits you had in mind
4. Any unexpected benefits (and/or pitfalls) there were
5. What you learned
6. How many hours you've flown with it (if completed)
7. How it's performed
8. The equipment and tools you used
9.  How much time it took to build and install
10. Whether it took any professional or amateur assistance
11. The cost of building it.

Here are the photo requirements for Kitplanes:  Photos must be 300 dpi at a size
large enough to use in the magazine, which is usually at least 3 x 3 inches.
If an image is 300 dpi at 1 x 1 inch, it won't be big enough to do any good.

By the way, I will be compiling another roundup in early March for distinctive
(etc.) interiors and/or exteriors, so if you would like to contact me about that
one, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks so much - I really appreciate your help!

best regards,

Cory Emberson
Hayward, CA [KHWD]
510.599.4409