RE: Europa-List: Outriggers

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Outriggers
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:21:45

Paul:

That is about what I obtained when I put mine on also.  I was a bit
concerned and I purchased some extra nylon rod from Mcmaster Carr.  Though
the consensus of the list was to leave it as it was.  Once the aircraft is
loaded with fuel, interior fittings, and people there is a good deal of
setteling to occur.  Better to be slightly short than slightly long and
creat undue stress.  My feelings are that after putting some hours on the
bird and  I don't like what I have its only a 30 minute job to put some
longer legs on.

Steve
A143
Mesa, AZ

Steve Hagar
hagargs@earthlink.net

<paul.mcallister@qia.net>

> Hi all,
>
> I fitted my out riggers today and I found that the wheels are 30mm off
the ground.  I suspect that I could sneak a bit on both ends, but not a
lot.  I'd be interested in knowing what are the typical distances that
people are using.