Re: Europa-List: earthing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: earthing
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:46:40

Hi! Paul
If you carefully pull a hole in the braid cover with a pointed tool (without
stabbing the insulation below) you can then pull a loop of the centre core,
including it's isulation, through the hole. This now leaves you with a "tail
" of the shield to make a connection to to take to the common ground you
have for other ground connections.
In my case it is advised to only ground one end and that is to the engine.
BTW It's not a stupid question just a "wrinkle" that you collect on the
route of life's rich tapestry, never be afraid to ask.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG  Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300.