Re: Europa-List: Auto pilots and their Servos

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Auto pilots and their Servos
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:10:35

Tony,
        The only backside to the Navaid is the use of their "turn-and
-bank"  indicator used in conjunction with their servo.  I did not want
to get rid of my turn coordinator to use their electronic version.  I
want my "6 pack" to be normal.  The Tru-Track is digital and is
completely separate in instrumentation from the flight instruments.
Plus, the Tru-Track has a build in "magnetic heading" indicator when not
using the tracking feature with your GPS unit. So, the decision was easy.
Separate with a back up mag heading indicator beats the Navaid.

Jim Nelson

=

=

=