Europa-List: Wing spar pins ?

Subject: Europa-List: Wing spar pins ?
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:57:07

<<<<<<Europa-List message posted by: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Good day All,
Question - for those that are flying or are past the wing angle of incidence
setup stage.... the two wing spar pins that hold the wings together to the
CM......one is a nice smooth PIP pin while the other is a threaded bolt with an
Allen wrench welded to it. Have people changed this threaded bolt to the PIP
pin, or some other more suitable pin? I have set the wings in place twice now
and while the PIP pin is still a little snug to get in, I can do it. While the
other side snags on the threaded portion until my wife joggles the wings in
order for it to get into place. Am I not seeing some use for the threaded bolt
that comes later on? Mike Duane A207 >>>>

Hi Mike ,

I initially used the PIP pin and the bolt/Allen wrench pin which were supplied.
After some time and some struggles with the PIP pin due to a snug fit and not
much to get hold of, I changed to two bolt/Allen wrench pins since they are much
easier to insert and remove.

Cheers, John

N262WF, mono XS, 912S