Re: Europa-List: Bluetooth GPS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bluetooth GPS
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:49:14

Hi Rick,

It should not interfere, the power is max 10 mW or so. I plan to do the
same, and will be using pocketFMS, free downloadable software, really
amazing. Look at www.pocketfms.com there is also some advice about the
hardware. It's beta, and will be shareware.
It gets the maps, metars and tafs, terrain elevation and nav data from the
internet, a slow, but also free process. I've been playing with it so far
without GPS, as flightplanner and really like it. I hope it will be as
good as gps as well.

Jos Okhuijsen kit #600 working on the 1st flap.

Rick Sivier <rick.sivier@btinternet.com> kirjoitti Mon, 2 Feb 2004