Re: Europa-List: Carb Heat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carb Heat
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:08:38

I'd be interested in any info you have on air temperatures generated by the
exhaust heat exchanger.

My own undercowl air temp runs at 45 to 50 deg. C. Although I'm now
confident that the carbs. won't ice under this condition, it may be a
different matter using this air to try to de-ice carbs that have already
iced (as a consequence of using outside air).

Duncan McF.