Re: Europa-List: Retractable tie downs 1 and 1

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Retractable tie downs 1 and 1
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:03:44

Kevin, When tying down on a hard surface with tie down points requiring wing
attachment I have found it entirely satisfactory simply to loop a rope round
the outrigger leg above the fairing. On a grass field using corkscrew fixers
I usually choose to tie down with two fixers to the main wheel and one to
the tailwheel (again simply lassooing the tailspring above the butterfly
shaped wheel turn stop). Hasn,t blown away yet in spite of some pretty good
winds in Ireland and elsewhere, and I would not feel the extra weight of
special fixing points is worth it.  Regards, David, G-XSDJ