Re: Europa-List: Length of Dipole Antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Length of Dipole Antenna
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:23:31

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Nelson" <europajim@juno.com>
| Tony,
|         Get with one of the local ham radio operators that has a GOOD SWR
| meter.  Us it to "tune" the lengths to give you the best (lowest swr)
| reflective power over the aircraft band.  I have a very nice curve which
| bottoms out about mid range.  I did go and cut it to short and had to
| solder some back on and re-trim but it works great.  I have no problems
| as of yet.  I need to do a long cross country to check it out with the
| big boys at altitude.        | Jim Nelson

Tony et al,
            Or even better yet, try a local Ham who has an Antenna Analyser
(mention MFJ-259). It is quick and more analytical for easier tuning. If in
U.S. try the ARRL site for club nearest you. The boys are pretty helpful and
may be curious - which helps.............. If UK, try the RSGB site. Details
on request.
Ferg
A064