Re: Europa-List: Length of Dipole Antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Length of Dipole Antenna
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:10:29

Tony,
        Get with one of the local ham radio operators that has a GOOD SWR
meter.  Us it to "tune" the lengths to give you the best (lowest swr)
reflective power over the aircraft band.  I have a very nice curve which
bottoms out about mid range.  I did go and cut it to short and had to
solder some back on and re-trim but it works great.  I have no problems
as of yet.  I need to do a long cross country to check it out with the
big boys at altitude.

Jim Nelson