RE: Europa-List: Baggage Bay splash?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Baggage Bay splash?
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:44:43

Steve:

I didn't make an entire splash moulding as I could see that the profile I
had of the top of the baggage bay was not an exact fit.  What I did before
I put the top on was to mark where the top  of the bay would go along the
edge. Then I made several fiberglass angles and bonded them to the top of
the fuselage to match up with the backside of the top of the baggage bay.
That way I had something to push against when laying up the front side of
the mount.  After the front had cured I went to the backside with short
layups to go around the backside of the D shape.  It wasn't as big a hassle
as puts it to be.

Steve Hagar
A143 Mesa, AZ

--- Steve Hagar