RE: Europa-List: Safe Heating Sources.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Safe Heating Sources.
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:39:22

Right you are.  It's a 914, and the coolers are staggered so each gets cool
air (I wonder what the folks at Europa were thinking when they devised the
original arrangement).

My original plan was the same, make the flap move to snag hot air or not,
but it seemed that the mechanical linkage to close the flap against the
force of the air flow would be needlessly complex.  I briefly considered
that the flap might obstruct cooling air flow but I made an assumption that
the factory did NOT design the cooling duct to provide barely sufficient air
flow, but instead that there was more than enough air flow.  Ergo, a postage
stamp sized obstacle would not make any difference in engine cooling.

What you folks call a heat wave, we call summer.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070
Airframe complete