Europa-List: drip trays and stuff

Subject: Europa-List: drip trays and stuff
From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:30:39

My 914 carbs both have what appear to be drip trays beneath them with
drain holes leading to a pipe nipple. I am presuming these should indeed
have piping taking any (?) fuel away from the exhaust below them. There
is no mention of what to do in the engine installation manual - anyone
enlighten me? There is a similar fitting on the port underside of the
airbox with a similar lack of instructions.  Lastly, anyone using the
NPT tapping in the airbox to measure airbox temp? If so is this
something folk think is woth doing and what have been used for temp probes?

Regards

Paul Stewart  #432