Europa-List: Mono wheel position

Subject: Europa-List: Mono wheel position
From: Jim Butcher <europa@triton.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:52:57

Our experience is that the LG02 is pretty much flush with the bottom of the
fuselage.  If its any higher the tire will hit the brake master cylinder.
Be sure to check the clearance of the tire to the master cylinder before you
go about setting the flap acutation horn FL21 because any change in the LG02
position will affect the flap position (voice of experience).  Neville gave
us some good tips on setting FL21 but I didn't write them down.  Seems like
he had us reverse the procedure, ie start with flaps up and  adjust the horn
for flaps down position.  Check with him since the book procedure didnt seem
to work!

Jim & Heather A185
starting smooth prime
XS 914 mono short wings now