Europa-List: EIS Questions

Subject: Europa-List: EIS Questions
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 15:08:06

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding the engine sensors for the EIS.

EHT.  The Rotax has a sleeves with a nipple welded onto each exhaust pipe,
however
Grand Rapids supply a probe with a hose clip.  Should I use this or is there
a sensor that fits into the nipple.

CHT.  Rotax has a sensor on at the front of the engine, but Grand Rapids supply
two sensors that fits under the head bolts.  What have people been doing here.

Coolant temperature.  Rotax provide no means for measuring this.  The EIS has a
coolant input but no sensor supplied. I'd be interested in knowing what folks
have done.  One thought  was to re use this input as an air box temperature
input.

Thanks,  Paul