Europa-List: Rotax 912 Carburettor Heat Kit

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 912 Carburettor Heat Kit
From: Brian and Pat Tarmar <freefolk@screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:03:44

I am currently agonising over whether to fit the Skydrive carburettor heat kit,
but am concerned that it introduces yet more pipery to any already cluttered
environment with even more chance of failure.

Has anyone introduced a moveable flap to the XS top of cowl NACA vent to shut
off
cold air during likely icing conditions (and rain while parked) and use the
somewhat warmer source from inside as an alternative?

Finally, if I do go ahead with the heater, is it necessary to move the plenum
chamber
back to accommodate the heat jackets?  (I am just about to lay-up the skirt
seal flange)

Brian Tarmar G-OBJT 055 Classic Trigear with XS mods - (entering the tenth and
FINAL year of a build begun by John Grant!!!)