Re: Europa-List: electrics

Subject: Re: Europa-List: electrics
From: Gilles.Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 19:19:50

Fred,

Would you mind sharing with us the regulator schematics you have ?

> BTW re OV, the Rotax regulator schematic I now have tells me she's
cleverly fail-safe (zero/low output when the most likely components fail -
the ones that get hot).  The ones which could cause OV do low-current duty,
and as the case of any similarly trivial DC circuit the probability of
failure of component failure is extremely remote.  Nevertheless, always your
choice.

We've been conducting some investigation into the Rotax regulators, and they
appear to be far from cleverly engineered. Our intention is to make more
precise measurements and scan the thing and it's competitors with a thermal
camera.
Even at 10 A, half the advertised 20 A rating, the unit gets notably hot.
I diffused on this list some schematics and CB pictures.
I'd be glad to learn more and share informations with you.

Best wishes,
Gilles