Re: Europa-List: electrics

Subject: Re: Europa-List: electrics
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:15:42

Steve Hagar wrote:

> 5. I would think if you were  trimmed for straight an level flight and your
> engine fell off you would have lost your alternator and primary buss. I
> guess having the trim motor on the battery allows you to compensate for the
> W&B change for the missing engine.

Can't argue with that, :-), but one rationale is that if the electrical sys must
be shut off, you'd still be able to trim.  However, for the 914, one fuel pump
needs juice.  If you don't even have that, then you do a forced landing with
in worst case the plane trimmed for cruise.  Likely won't notice it much!
Nevertheless,
one can wire the trim to whatever is done to guarantee power to one
pump.

Reg,
Fred F.