RE: Europa-List: Tachometer connection for 914 to EIS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tachometer connection for 914 to EIS
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:51:41

I had trouble with this. Pins 13 and 26 on the TCU are the Tacho output.  I
have feed TCU pin 26 to pin 2 on the Rotax Tacho and TCU pin 13 to Rotax
Tacho Pin 3 (Rotax Tacho Pin 1 is +12V).  TCU Pin 26 is also connected (in
parallel) to pin 5 on the EIS .  Both the Rotax tacho and the EIS appear to
display RPM OK.

Your note had me scanning the circuit diagrams I had produced to find that
they were not a perfect record of what I had done.  So I had to spend a few
minutes to pull the panel off (again).

Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI (Very nearly ready o fly)
Europa Club Assistant Mods Rep
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk