Re: Europa-List: Failed rudder horn?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Failed rudder horn?
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:37:25

>I am a bit unclear as to what exactly happened and how I can prevent it from
>happening to me

Ron - you can find out more by going to <http://www.havkom.se>.
Choose the English version and search for Report RL 2002:19 of 29 Mar
2002.

My understanding of it from Stefan (and as usual I am open to
correction) is that the rudder horn was attached following
instructions in an early draft of the XS manual. A heavy bounce on
landing after the second flight caused it to detach. Current-issue
manuals give instructions for a safe and correct attachment of the
rudder horn.

regards

Rowland