RE: RE : Europa-List: EIS panel suggestions

Subject: RE: RE : Europa-List: EIS panel suggestions
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:04:30

Hi John,

I agree with all your points, but John H's main concern was : what if the
EIS fails. In my
opinion a failing EIS with a simultaneous serious engine fault is extremely
remote.
I am assuming VFR flight only. But it wouldn'tbe a bad idea to have one
independent
indicator on engine temp. at least. For me the thermometer for the carb
heater
would be adequate, but it indicates only up to 50 C. I have found an
alternative
in the English RS Components catalog, but I haven't a clue how to choose the
correct thermocouple and long lead.

My EIS red light did fail on me due to a faulty connector. Grand Rapids
immediately
mailed a replacement foc. In the US that same light is also available from
any
Radio Shack.

Karl Heindl
Ontario, Canada