Re: Europa-List: Scales and 4:1

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Scales and 4:1
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:30:08

Mike,
            Your latest doesn't mention epoxy make, but suppose you are not
an Aeropoxy type like me - although the recipe difference doesn't matter
that much. Mine specifies no greater error than 1% which is not hard to come
by and permits SOME latitude.
            I use ex-kodak tubs for small amounts 10-25gm and my ratio is
27hard to 100 resin, so at 0.1 gram accuracy ain't bad. But I put the empty
tub on, tare it then add resin and put aside till used (on abusy job). Then
I stick its mate on for tare, then the part-poured tub and add hardener when
needed. I figure I'm still within 1% so don't worry about the odd drop (3
drops to 0.1gm).
Don't know if this is still relevant to your discussion.
happy landings
Ferg A064