Europa-List: Fuel Pressure Rotax 914

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Pressure Rotax 914
From: mike toft <watervet@mweb.co.za>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:13:00

Hi All,
Am busy checking the engine for first flight and find that my fuel pressure is
exceeding the max allowed when BOTH pumps are turned on - its fine on each
individual
pump and the necessary fuel flows are EASILY obtained in well under 1.5
mins (a la europa manual).
I've check the resistance in the return fuel line and even disconnecting the
return
line my pressure is 0.4 bar (max allowable .35 bar) - the return fuel transducer
(JPI fuelscan 450) only adds another .05 bar, the fuel line adds another
0.05 bar and the return nipple with copper pipe for the fuel drains adds another
0.1 bar - all in all giving me 0.6 bar fuel pressure - way over the .35
recommended - has any one else had this problem ( btw the pumps are the standard
Rotax electrical pumps)  - any ideas on a fix?

Mike Toft
#510 ZU CTG
Only the painting to go!