Europa-List: Re: RV or Europa

Subject: Europa-List: Re: RV or Europa
From: Guil Barros <flight@metathusalan.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:38:46

Let me start with THANKS! ive received boatloads of good responses and comments.
This has clearly solved my problems with lack of community/support versus the
RV :)

please keep sending me thoughts if you have something to say, im still
interested in hearing what others have to say.

I've pretty much decided on going for the Europa, ill probably be going to one
of the builders starter things as soon as i do some more research and take a
demo ride with someone.

Couple of questions:

-what kind of engines are people using out there? the rotax seems nice, but VERY
expensive... jabiru seems nice, i need to do more research...

-cs prop? is it really worth it? never flown a CS, the idea seems interesting,
but im not sure its really $4k interesting :)

-what kind of fuel consumption/cruise speed/range are people getting on what
engines? the numbers on the factory page seem too good to be true...

-composite/foam... like in a surf board?

-how messy/touchy is working with this? ive never done anything with composites
or fiberglass or anything like that...

-how does it take rain or temperature changes? the DIamond Air composite planes
cant fly if its too hot out... or something like that :)

thanks again,
-guil