Re: Europa-List: OV protection

Subject: Re: Europa-List: OV protection
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:02:36

on 11/26/03 2:09 PM, paul stewart at paul-d.stewart@virgin.net wrote:

> Apologies form the start for raising this one again, however. For those out
> there who are using the Control Vision EXPbus, what is your understanding of
> the OV protection it is supposed to offer. Even in the sample wiring diagram
> for a Rotax installation on their web site it appears to be merely controling
> an alternator field circuit which clearly cannot be appropriate  to the Rotax
> fixed magnet generator. The company themselves have been unable to shed any
> further light on the situation. Before I revert to plan A - switches wires and
> CB's has anyone using the EXPbus any advice to offer.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul Stewart  #432

Paul,
I have heard bad things about the EXP bus from a lot of highly experienced
people I don't want to name on this forum. However I have heard very good
things from the same people about the power panel right above it in ACS
catalog. Part # 11-675 or 11680. These are put out by composite design out
of Florida. Thinking of going that way myself.
Jeff
A258