Re: Europa-List: UK Weekday Fly-in

Subject: Re: Europa-List: UK Weekday Fly-in
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:48:46

Hi! William./All
I'll try my best to make it to the SLEAP airfield on Thursday.(The only
enemy is the weather,  my event on Friday really was on safety borderline,
we shouldn't be pushing ourselves to take those kind of risks)

However to reinforce my point of having spontaneous Fly In events I can't
help looking out of the window thinking why in hell's name I aren't going
flying today? Instead of waiting for Thursday with what you admit just may
have some doubt because of the blessed weather. I at present can't see a
cloud except vapour trails, vis is about 10 miles.

If interested "punters" had registered and exchanged 'phone numbers we could
be on our way in just over an hour including rigging time or as Ivan Shaw
once said at "Sun and Fun" he could have started in the car park and still
won the race!

I'm thinking of starting a weekly Fly In event called :-
"Big Boy's Toys Instant Decision Weekday Fly Away "!? My Wife says "keep it
simple call it  Geri's Day Out "  ( get her drift ---geriatrics!)

By the way .....Kingsley Hurst in OZ  ..... My Son, who starts a new job
this morning , has just sent me a text message   .... He's heard that the
"UK are to suspend Australian wine imports ........... due to SOUR GRAPES
!!!!!!"

Regards
Bob Harrison. G-PTAG