Re: Europa-List: RE: Stupid Questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Stupid Questions
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 03:50:09

Dan,

I have just finished this procedure. Once I found the start point for
measuring the FS points, I marked the bottom of the fuselage every fifty inches
with
a black marker for future references and sanity checks.
On the dowel measurements to the firewall, they should be very close as per
the manual. When you measure the height of each side of the dowel from the
floor, many people have found a slight twist in the rear of the lower fuselage.
believe the consensus is to not try to take this into consideration as it will

straighten itself out when the top goes on. Where the small pilot hole is.
look closely and you should see the remnants of a + that the hole is centered
in. When I did mine I just made sure that the pilot hole was even with the
horizontal line of that + on both sides.
If you are going to use a 2" hole saw, make the pilot hole the same size as
the guide drill on the hole saw.
Also make sure that when you Redux the bushes in place, that no Redux gets on
the inside vertical surface of the bushing because this is where the plastic
spacer will rub up against when installed.
Read ahead, dry fit through the entire procedure, and you will do fine.

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Cockpit module installed, tailplane torque tube in place, awaiting
replacement bolts from the UK in order to assemble my pitch torque tube and
bushings

---From Lakeland for some misplaced ones for my tailplane trim T arm.