Europa-List: OIl pressure at Start

Subject: Europa-List: OIl pressure at Start
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 11:22:07

The weather has recently turned from summer to winter here (in about 12
hours!). I have made two starts and flights during the cold weather and noticed
strange oil pressure reading. At start, the oil pressure comes up normally to
about 60. Then, in the first 3 to 4 minutes, it slowly decreases -- in one case

to about 20 and in the other case to about 38. The 20 case was colder weather
than the 38. When I am about to turn around and taxi back in, the oil
pressure starts to rise and in about 30 seconds it returns to the normal 55 to
60
psi.

After the first time, I let the engine cool after flight to about 100 degrees
F oil temp and did a restart. In that case, the oil pressure comes up to
normal 55 to 60 and just stays there.

I am not sure if this is something that has been going on all along and I
just noticed it, or a new problem or even a problem at all. It seems to be
temperature related and acts like a sticking or a slow oil pressure control
valve.

Does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,

Dave
A227
Mini U2