Re: Europa-List: pip pin covers/mods

Subject: Re: Europa-List: pip pin covers/mods
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:07:24

Hi! Mike.
My a/c has the plastic plug . The PFA approved it on their inspection so I
don't know if it was given a mod.no.
However you must "pot" the bottom of the construction with a deep layer of
epoxy(watch out for thermo. heating) deep enough to enable you to make a
recepticle hole for the top of the pip pin to be sure of no lateral movement
of the tail planes.  Be sure to NOT ALLOW ANY THINNERS OR PAINT INTO THE
THREADS> or you will have a bad hair day. (They bond together!) I finished
up needing two aluminium screw caps turned at great expense!
regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG