RE: Europa-List: Zolatone

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Zolatone
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 06:04:27

> I have also considered the "Fleckstone" that can be bought a DIY
> stores but I read or heard it's not as durable or cost effective.
> Comments?

Once it's got a couple of clear coats applied then its pretty tough. Based on
the
fact that the tunnel on my plane is covered in it and I've dropped tools on
it, scrambled over it while diving into the back of the aircraft and given it
far more abuse than it's going to see in live use I think it's fine.

The exterior clear coat is tougher than the interior clear coat so I'd recommend
you use that.

Tony