Re: Europa-List: Re: Dynon EFIS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Dynon EFIS
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 02:34:45

> I've been following your thread.  I've chosen to go with the BMA EFIS Lite.
> It has GPS built in which solves problems that can crop up with the AHRS.
> At this time only BMA has been approved by Lancair and it took quite a bit
> of work on BMA's part to get the unit to pass their tests.
>
> Jim Butcher A185

The deal is between BMA and Lancair Avionics, not Lancair Aircraft.  Can't tell
---From Lancair's web site that it's an option on their certified aircraft.  Of
course, a web site which misspells "dual" and "warranty" might be incomplete.
:-)  Do you know if a certificated-Lancair owner must retain the mechanical
gyros?
One panel snapshot of the 400 looks like backup via an RC Allen electric,
BTW!

Reason I'm curious is FAA's Advisory Circular on certifying planes for IFR with
electronic systems suggests it's very difficult w/o dual systems or conventional
backup.

Regards,
Fred F.