RE: Europa-List: engine mounting / oil tank

Subject: RE: Europa-List: engine mounting / oil tank
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:32:58

"The bolts used to attach the engine to the landing gear frame are
described as both AN5-40 and AN5-41 in my copy of the build manual. "

The bolts that came with mine were AN5-40 and initially I had the same
feeling that hey were short.  The AN5-40 turned out to be OK with, if I
remember rightly, one less washer.  The 1.5 degree offset to the right was
spot on so I did not need washers to correct it.  I believe you will only
need the longer bolts if the offset needs correcting.

" does anyone have such a diagram 'cos I 'ain't."

Page 3-3 should be the oil tank bracket diagram.  This page does appear to
be missing from the PDF version of the manual on the Club CD.  If you need a
paper copy I am sure the factory will send you one.  If you have any
problems ring/e-mail  me and I will copy mine and send it.

Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI
Europa Club Assistant Mods Rep
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk