Re: Europa-List: Aileron Pushrod and tiedowns 2 questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron Pushrod and tiedowns 2 questions
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:41:09

> Ron,
> If I were not past this stage I would consider these tie downs that Steve
> Dunsmuir is showing here at this link. Very nice.
> Troy
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/sdunsmuir/EuropaSite/Retractable%20Tie-down/Retracta
> ble%20Tie-down.html

The Pictured tie downs are on a Cozy MKIV that my friend built. Due to the
wing design of the Cozy this piece was very easy to make. Just an over balanced

piece of aluminum. On the Europa it's a few more parts, well a lot more parts.

Still knocking around Ideas, but the wings are getting closed this week, So
unless I get inspired real quick I'm closing my wings with no tie downs and
adding something later. I was thinking of a piece of metal at a 45 off of the
outboard outrigger bolts. Rounded end sticking out of the speed kit. Should have

very low drag. I mocked it up and it looks nice.

SteveD
A217