Europa-List: Aileron Pushrod and tiedowns 2 questions

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron Pushrod and tiedowns 2 questions
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:39:29

Hello Neville

Long aileron pushrod:

Trying to fit over the weekend, found that the end has a .923 diameter and the

I was thinking about using some .002 brass shim stock to fill the gap. Would
heat
the tube to perhaps 110F, have the ID of tube, both
sides of the brass foil and the OD of the end sanded a bit and cleaned, then
coat
with some red locktight stud and bearing mount.

Does this procedure sound OK? Have another suggestion? I think the ends are
machined
too small, you may want to check into it. Or I was supplied the wrong tube.

Tiedowns:

I have the monowheel. What would you suggest for tie down points on the wing and
fuse? The wing is open at the moment, off the cuff
making a hard point between the double rib with a removable eye??

Thanks
Ron Parigoris

Please note I sent the same question to Andy, not sure who is around.