Re: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Pressure Tranducer-Andair Gascolator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Pressure Tranducer-Andair Gascolator
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:10:45

Steve, I thought the preferred siting of the gascolator is between fuel
tank/selector tap and the pumps, (and certainly this is Europa
recommendation) so that you are pumping clean fuel. If that is how you fit
it then it's no help using the Andair outlet as it will not be measuring
effective pressure. I have fitted mine with a simple 'T' after the pumps.
          In relation to Tony K's remark, I too doubt that a fuel pressure
gauge as opposed to a low fuel pressure switch triggering a warning light is
generally worthwhile. It certainly doesn't seem worth the extra weight,
clutter and expense of a seperate guage. On the other hand if you have
invested in Rocky Mountain smart box of tricks that monitors everything then
I suppose the argument doesn't apply.
         Incidentally a fuel pressure switch set for 0.15 bar, with a
warning light in front of nose gives adequate warning of running out of main
tank fuel, so that you can switch over before the engine quits.-----