Europa-List: Oval pushrod or ?

Subject: Europa-List: Oval pushrod or ?
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 00:45:12

Am in the process of making up long wing push rods.

The MW4s are a pretty poor fit to the inside of the push rod.

If I rivet them in place, I am thinking it will probably turn the tube into an
oval with a gap 90 degrees to the rivets.

Opinions on oval with gap being OK?

An alternative is to put on 6 1/2 inches of aluminium tape (with some adhesive,
(200 MPH tape)) that makes a pretty good fit. A concern I have is if  using the
tape and if it mushes anymore  after the rivets are pulled, it could cause play?

Anyone ever use 200 MPH tape?

Am thinking it would be hard  to fill gap with redux or aeropoxy?

If I really wanted to make a project, could make a foam plug and bond to MW4
after rivet holes are drilled, and also bond in a foam plug in the push rod
tube. Now you have a piston and cylinder. If made a runny flox mix could
probably squeeze it out. Once set would pull the rivets.

Any and all opinions ideas welcome.

thanks
Ron Parigoris