Re: Europa-List: parking brake system - addition

Subject: Re: Europa-List: parking brake system - addition
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:34:54

>"The parking brake valve provides a means of retaining hydraulic pressure
in
the lines between each wheel brake calliper and the valve. When the park
brake is set to "on" a check valve allows further pressure to be applied by
pulling on the brake levers."

The factory kit has the valve orientated with the flow from the finger brake
cylinders to the larger flat face of the valve and then out to the wheels
via the two ports on the smaller face.

I interpret the factory instructions as describing this as a one way valve
that is selectable in or out (of the system) rather than a on/off system.<

Hi Simon

You are probably right unless they have changed the specification in the
last few years. I bought mine direct from Wicks about 6 years ago. It didn't
come with any instructions and listed it as just a valve so I assumed that
was its only function. I will check mine the next time I fly. It will be
useful to select the brake before applying the pressure. It is still
important to make sure it is off before landing as if too much brake is
applied nose over or groundlooping could occur because pressure could not be
released quickly enough.

Nigel